Dow Great Stuff Gaps & Cracks 24 oz
Dow Great Stuff Pro Gaps and Cracks
In the United States, GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gaps & Cracks was the first foam to be recognized as a fireblock, which means it resists the free passage of flames to other areas of the building through concealed spaces. The foam is a bright orange color, easily identifiable by U.S. code officials.
Considering the combined open space created by gaps, cracks and penetrations in the average home can total as much as a 4′ x 4′ window left wide open, it’s no wonder that air infiltration is one of the biggest threats to a home’s energy efficiency. And as uncontrolled air movement drives up energy bills, it may also increase the potential for mold, mildew and other moisture-related problems.
Great on Benefits For a professional seal, rely on GREAT STUFF PRO™ Gaps & Cracks.
- Ideal for gaps and penetrations up to 3″ (75 mm)
- Expands to form airtight and water-resistant seal
- Bonds to wood, metal, masonry, glass and most plastics
- Repels and deflects water
- Quick cure time (tack-free in less than 20 minutes, trim within 30 minutes)*
- Cost-effective: 24 oz (680 g) can equivalent up to 22-quart tubes of caulk; 30 oz (850 g) can up to 33-quart tubes of caulk†
- Orange colored foam
*Actual cure time will depend on temperature, relative humidity, and size of foam bead.
†Based on estimated yield under ideal conditions using gun foam, 3/8″ bead.
- No Bow Technology
- Adheres to Frozen Materials
- Extreme temperature formula - cures even in freezing weather 14°F (-10°C)
- Low pressure, for windows & doors
- Designed to cure in low humidity conditions, great for dry climates
- Economically insulates, fills, seals, and bonds
- Durable weather seal - stops cold air infiltration and heat loss
- High insulating value - saves energy and money
- Bonds and seals popular materials: wood, concrete, plaster, plumbing, etc.
- Shelf life 12 months
- Wide range of interior and exterior sealing and insulating applications such as basements, roof areas, plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling penetrations:
- excellent to fill and seal all interior and exterior building gaps, cracks, and openings
- excellent to fill and seal in exposed corner T-joint and studs
- excellent to fill and seal around dryer and exhaust vents, water faucets, plumbing fixtures, electric, HVAC and gas penetrations
- excellent to seal and insulate under the edges of exposed siding along foundations