DC-315 Thermal Barrier Coating
The International Building Code mandates that polyurethane spray foam be separated from the interior of the building by a 15-minute thermal barrier or other approved covering. DC315 passed certified NFPA 286 and UL 1715 by ETL over a variety of open and closed cell spray-applied urethane foams. It complies with all the requirements of 2006 IBC Section 803.2.1; 2009 IBC Section 803.1.2 and Section 2603.9; 2012 IBC Section 803.1.2 and Section 2603.10 “Special Approvals for Thermal Barriers over Foam Plastics”. DC315 also meets the requirement as an Ignition Barrier per AC 377, Appendix X at an incredible spread rate of 400 sq. ft. per gallon.
V.O.C.: (47 g/l)
Volume Solids: 67%
Drying Time: 77F & 50% RH To touch 1-2 hours to recoat 2 to 4 hours
Type of Cure: Coalescence
Flash Point: None
Shelf Life: 1 year (unopened)
Packaging: 5 & 55 gallon containers
Shipping weight: 5 gallon pail – 58 lbs.
55 gallon drum – 640 lbs.
Application: Brush, roller, conventional and airless spray
- Fills all gaps between 1/4"-3"
- Safe for use around windows & doors
- Adheres to most construction materials like wood, metal, masonry, glass, and most plastics
- Third-party testing confirms that it does not emit any harmful MDI emissions during application
- Contributes to LEED energy savings