Intumescent Latex Firestop Caulk 10.1 fl oz
In the event of a fire, BOSS 814, a one-part, elastomeric, intumescent firestop sealant will expand to form an insulation char that prevents the spread of fire, smoke, and toxic gases through construction openings. It is formulated with non-combustible, inorganic materials. It remains flexible when cured, making it ideal for both horizontal and vertical joints that are subject to vibration or dynamic movement. With its excellent adhesion properties, it is particularly suited for sealing walls and floors that have been penetrated by pipes, conduits, and electrical cables in all types of construction. It can also be used to fill interior voids around HVAC, plumbing, and framing.
This sealant meets or exceeds ASTM E-814(UL 1479) and meets the criteria for fire/smoke/draft stop for BOCA, CABO, UBC, SBCCI, IRC and the 2003 International Building Codes.
The product is easy to apply using a standard caulking gun or trowel and cleans up with water, prior to curing. It can be used for interior or exterior applications and can be painted(after inspection).
- Great for sealing up windows, doors, skylights, siding, trim, gutters, vents, pipes, air conditioners and more
- Durable and highly flexible formula will not shrink, crack or peel
- Water-resistant, weather-resistant and long lasting
- Can be applied at temperatures below freezing
- Designed for use on both interior and exterior aluminum, ceramic, glass, porcelain, fiberglass, vinyl and plastic
- Requires solvent for proper cleanup
- Boasts a 50-year limited warranty
- Made in the USA