3M™ Venture Tape™ Metal Building Facing Tape (3″ X 50 YD.)
- Polypropylene film/scrim/kraft laminate designed for vapor seal applications
- Acrylic adhesive specifically designed for cold weather performance
- Highly puncture and tear resistant
- Conforms well to curved and irregular surfaces
- Designed for use as a vapor seal for faced insulation
3M™ Venture Tape™ Metal Building Facing Tape 1531CW is a 10.7 mil tri-directionally reinforced, metallized polypropylene film/scrim/kraft faced tape. It combines quick stick at normal temperatures with superior low temperature performance and conforms well to uneven, irregular and curved surfaces.
Designed for Vapor Seal Applications
3M™ Venture Tape™ Metal Building Facing Tape 1531CW is flexible and conforms well to irregular surfaces and curves. With superior resistance to weathering, mold, UV and environmental conditions, this tape performs extremely well in demanding cold and hot temperature applications. It applies easily to a variety of substrates, including metal, and is easily installed without special tools or application methods.
- Vapor seal on various exterior building applications
Adhesive Performs Well in Sub-Zero to Tropical Temperatures
3M™ Venture Tape™ Metal Building Facing Tape 1531CW features a specially formulated cold temperature solvent acrylic adhesive system designed to perform in sub-zero to tropical temperatures. It adheres on contact and applies in temperature ranges from -40°F/-40°C to 185°F/85°C. The tape is UL723 Classified (0/5 Flame/Smoke Rating). This facing meets ASTM C1136 type 11 and IV.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.
- Sealing joints around sills, jambs, and heads of rectangular windows in wood frame construction
- Sealing around other wall interruptions in non-roof areas, such as thresholds, dryer vents, and hose bibs
- When installed properly as a concealed flashing in vertical walls in frame construction, it prevents moisture intrusion and avoids the problems caused by water infiltration